5 WAYS TO REDUCE OIL CONSUMPTION
1. Avoid buying new plastic toys whenever possible. If you must have action figures, nerf guns, and other fun toys made with petroleum (like we did!), try to find them at thrift stores so you reduce demand for new plastic and avoid off gassing.
2. Replace plastic bags with reusable cloth bags and bees-wax covered wraps.
3. Walk, bike, and take public transit whenever possible. You’ll save your parents money on gas and help reduce air pollution.
4. Ask your parents to buy natural fiber clothing rather than petroleum based products. When you need athletic shorts and warm-up suits that are polyester, shop at second-hand stores. Pass your used gear on to younger athletes.
5. Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
WANT TO DO MORE? Read about what the National Resource Defense Council has to say about reducing our dependence on oil. And start doing whatever you can to support a transition to renewable energy sources.
HAVE AN IDEA ABOUT HOW TO HELP? Get in touch.